Just like We watch NASCAR for the wrecks and Hockey for the fights, so too will America have a strange fascination with CNN’s revival of the old “Crossfire” political debate show, but this time, I think they struck TV gold! The show has 4 co-hosts, 2 of which are Van Jones and Newt Gingrich. Names and political ideologies which immediately caught my attention as soon as I saw they were involved with the show.
CNN states …
Crossfire,” the long-running political debate show that aired on CNN from 1982-2005, is getting a reboot, the news network announced Wednesday. Four new hosts – two on the left, and two on the right – will debut the program this fall.
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who made a bid for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination, will host on the right alongside S.E. Cupp, the conservative columnist who currently co-anchors “The Cycle,” a television program on MSNBC.
On the left, President Barack Obama’s former deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter will host next to Van Jones, another former Obama adviser who later founded Rebuild the Dream, a group that fosters innovative economic policy.
- ‘Crossfire’ will return to CNN, with Newt Gingrich as one of the hosts (oregonlive.com)
- TV: Newswire: CNN to resume hurting America by reviving Crossfire with Newt Gingrich (avclub.com)
- CNN To Bring Back Crossfire, Hosted By S.E. Cupp, Newt Gingrich, Van Jones, Stephanie Cutter (mediaite.com)
- Crossfire Returns (cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com)
- ‘Crossfire’ coming back to CNN (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- CNN announces ‘Crossfire’ relaunch (politico.com)
- CNN resurrects Crossfire with S.E. Cupp, Newt Gingrich, Van Jones, Stephanie Cutter (washingtontimes.com)
- Van Jones joins cast of re-booted ‘Crossfire’ on CNN (thegrio.com)
- CNN Revives ‘Crossfire’ With Newt Gingrich, S.E. Cupp, Stephanie Cutter And Van Jones (deadline.com)
- ‘Crossfire’ Is Returning to CNN, and the Best Part Is Definitely Newt Gingrich (theatlanticwire.com)