“Multi-trillion dollar financial institutions continue to get richer, exerting more and more control over both America‘s economy and its political system. The top 20 largest banks’ assets are nearly equal to the nation’s gross domestic product.
Unlikely bipartisan duo Sherrod Brown and David Vitter are teaming up to break up the banks, but so-called “moderates” will likely try to stop them, painting them as extremists. Why?
- Bipartisan Consensus Formed: We Must Break Up the Giant Banks (sgtreport.com)
- Progressive Democrat and conservative Republican team up against ‘too big to fail’ banks (rawstory.com)
- Best sentences we read today (washingtonpost.com)
- Bipartisan Consensus Formed: We Must Break Up the Giant Banks (washingtonsblog.com)
- Zephyr Teachout: Banks, Food, and Telecom: Break Them Up (huffingtonpost.com)
- Wall Street’s Been So Obsessed With Elizabeth Warren It Missed The Real Threat In The Senate (businessinsider.com)
- Democratic Senator Renews Call To Break Up Banks That Are ‘Surely Still Too Big To Fail’ (thinkprogress.org)
- David Vitter wants to limit power of the Federal Reserve (revolutionpac.com)
- Government to study big banks (bankrate.com)
- Sherrod Brown, bank buster, goes after those ‘too big too fail’: George Will (oregonlive.com)