Representative Keith Ellison described the court-led return to the “gilded age” and drew parallels to today’s progressive movement, concluding that a constitutional amendment is both possible and necessary to ensure that our government serves the people, not corporate special interests.
Senator Tom Udall described the necessity of bipartisan support on the path toward ratifying a constitutional amendment, noting that past campaign-finance reform efforts have enjoyed bipartisan support. Senator Udall acknowledged that when the people make their voices heard and build momentum, a constitutional amendment can become inevitable.
- Governor Bryant supports constitutional amendment to tighten pardon rules. (mississippipep.wordpress.com)
- Melissa Goes to DC to Continue the Fight Against Citizens United! (mmviverito.com)
- Dikgosi reject Constitutional Amendment bill (gabzfmnews.wordpress.com)
- Five Constitutional Amendments That Could Overturn Citizens United – How Are They Different? (ibtimes.com)
- Analysis: Effort would help people change NY gov’t (troyrecord.com)
- Constitutional Change Would Remove Official When Found Guilty (baltimore.cbslocal.com)
- Udall: Amend the Constitution, Wipe Out Citizens United (blogs.wsj.com)
- NA body approves draft of 20th Constitutional amendment, PML-N boycott the meeting (nation.com.pk)
- Dennis Kucinich Announces ‘Game Changing’ Constitutional Amendment to Publicly Finance Federal Elections. ￼ (tinfoilhatman45.wordpress.com)
- Robert Reich and ‘Amend 2012′ Launch Campaign for Constitutional Amendment to Overturn ‘Citizens United’ (elmsprogressivemedia.wordpress.com)
- Tiny ladies of the Gilded Age (vol1brooklyn.com)
- “Enough is Enough” LA City Counsel Calls for Constitutional Amendment Against “Corporate Personhood” (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
- Citizens United is 2 – But Who Isn’t Buying In? (legallyeasy.rocketlawyer.com)
- New Jersey gay marriage supporters should boycott referendum – The Star-Ledger – NJ.com (blog) (nj.com)