Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio talks with progressive radio host Ed Schultz about the narrow-minded views of the U.S. Supreme Court, and how our democracy demands equal rights for all of our citizens.
Tags: human-rights, Mike Papantonio, Occupy Wall Street, Politics, progressive radio, religion
Your Tax Dollars at work.... literally. It seems in the midst of the U.S. Govt. budget crisis The IRS thought it was a good idea to lighten the mood and spend $60K producing a poorly acted but never-the-less clever Star Trek spoof . The "Star Trek" parody video produced by IRS in-house studio, served as the opening of a training and leadership conference in 2010.
Tags: A Jewish and Democratic State, Barack Obama, Israel, Mahmoud Abbas, Middle East, Obama, Palestine, West Bank
President Obama said today that, given demographic trends in Israel and the Palestinian territories, the advancement of military technology, and upheaval in the region, “The only way for Israel to endure and thrive as a Jewish and democratic state is through the realization of an independent and viable Palestine.”
- Obama to Israel: “Peace is the only path to true security” (cbsnews.com)
- Obama calls on Israelis to be bold in seeking peace with Palestinians (guardian.co.uk)
- Obama to Israel: Reverse ‘undertow of isolation (kansascity.com)
- Video: Obama: Peace is “the only path to true security” for Israel (cbsnews.com)
- Obama: ‘Peace is possible,’ but see the world as Palestinians do – CNN International (edition.cnn.com)
- Obama suggests Israel should commit suicide (vineoflife.net)
- Obama to Israel: Reverse ‘undertow of isolation (metronews.ca)
- More: In Israel speech, Obama says there should be ’2 states for 2 people’ – @NBCNews (worldnews.nbcnews.com)
- Obama to Israel: Reverse ‘undertow of isolation (cnsnews.com)
- Transcript: Obama’s speech in Israel (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
Tags: Abraham Lincoln, Barack Obama, Conspiracy theory, Maine, National Treasure: Book of Secrets, Obama, Secret Book, White House
When President Obama got a little down time with his family recently, he also took the time to bring some interesting reading material. Supposedly, according to White House officials speaking on the condition of anonymity, the president removed from a secret compartment inside a White House Abraham Lincoln statute the rumored “President’s Book of Secrets.” Many historians and conspiracy theorists would be surprised to find out that the secret book featured in the movie “National Treasure: Book of Secrets,” actually does exist.
- 17. The President’s Secret Book | History Channel Documentary (12160.info)
- America’s Book Of Secrets – e02 – Freemasons (vikenzkokozian.wordpress.com)
Tags: David Vitter, Financial institution, giant banks, Gross domestic product, Occupy Wall Street, Ohio, Politics, progressive democrat, sen david vitter, Sherrod Brown, Too big to fail, United States, Wall Street, zephyr teachout
“Multi-trillion dollar financial institutions continue to get richer, exerting more and more control over both America‘s economy and its political system. The top 20 largest banks’ assets are nearly equal to the nation’s gross domestic product.
Unlikely bipartisan duo Sherrod Brown and David Vitter are teaming up to break up the banks, but so-called “moderates” will likely try to stop them, painting them as extremists. Why?
- Bipartisan Consensus Formed: We Must Break Up the Giant Banks (sgtreport.com)
- Progressive Democrat and conservative Republican team up against ‘too big to fail’ banks (rawstory.com)
- Best sentences we read today (washingtonpost.com)
- Bipartisan Consensus Formed: We Must Break Up the Giant Banks (washingtonsblog.com)
- Zephyr Teachout: Banks, Food, and Telecom: Break Them Up (huffingtonpost.com)
- Wall Street’s Been So Obsessed With Elizabeth Warren It Missed The Real Threat In The Senate (businessinsider.com)
- Democratic Senator Renews Call To Break Up Banks That Are ‘Surely Still Too Big To Fail’ (thinkprogress.org)
- David Vitter wants to limit power of the Federal Reserve (revolutionpac.com)
- Government to study big banks (bankrate.com)
- Sherrod Brown, bank buster, goes after those ‘too big too fail’: George Will (oregonlive.com)
Tags: political rivalries, soccer, sports, super-bowl, YouTube
An interesting review of which political rivalries are sizing up for 2013.
Tags: Cenk Uygur, democratic challenger, half percent, Libya, military ballots, Patrick Murphy, Politics, vote count
“Firebrand Republican Rep. Allen West was defeated by Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy, according to the state’s vote count Saturday, but the incumbent won’t concede.
The state issued complete but unofficial results showing Murphy with a lead of 2,442 votes, or 50.4 percent. That’s beyond the half-percent margin needed to trigger an automatic recount. A handful of overseas and military ballots remain outstanding, but under state law the decision for a recount is based on Saturday’s count.”
Despite numbers saying his lost and a recount confirming as much, Rep. Allen West totally refuses to accept that he has been voted out of office. Cenk Uygur breaks down West‘s actions past and present.
Read more from Matt Sedensky/ Associated Press via US News:
President Obama may have gotten poor advice on how to approach Mitt Romney at debate, but the bigger debate today seems to be, were the stakes so high that Romney actually cheated during the debate? Video shows that Romney slips a cheat sheet out of his pocket before approaching the podium then manages to fold it up and slide it in his sleeve before leaving it. (see 1st video)
Presidential debate rules can be seen here.
Thom Hartman talks with journalist Peter Galuszka, author of the book “Thunder on the Mountain: Death at Massey and the Dirty Secrets Behind Big Coal. Discusses the new job numbers, whether Romney cheated at the debate and if the RNC will be charged with election fraud. Also Daryl Hannah and what she’s doing to stop eminent domain and the Keystone XL Pipeline.
Tags: Barack Obama, Clint Eastwood, CRAY, Dirty Harry, Eastwood, entertainment, http www youtube, media, Mitt Romney, Obama, oscars, patton oswalt, peace and freedom party, Twitter
TAMPA — Hollywood heavyweight Clint Eastwood made a scheduled appearance on the GOP convention stage before a welcoming audience Thursday night ahead of Mitt Romney‘s acceptance speech for his party’s presidential nomination.
“I think it may be time for somebody else to come along and solve the problem,” said Eastwood, 82, who already endorsed Romney this month at a campaign fundraiser in Idaho. “When someone does not do the job, you have got to let them go.”
Eastwood remarks were rambling at times and critical of President Obama and Vice President Biden, whom he described as “a kind of grin with a body behind it.”
As Eastwood went on, Hollywood quickly took to Twitter to express their outrage and talk about how puzzled they were by the Dirty Harry star’s actions. “Clint Eastwood is CRAY,” comic Roseanne Barr — herself running for president on the Peace and Freedom Party ticket — tweeted Thursday.
“Clint Eastwood has gone f—in’ nutterbutters yo,” The Voice‘s Adam Levine concurred. “Clint Eastwood was talking to an empty chair at the RNC,” Olivia Munn tweeted to her 300,000-plus followers. “No, that’s not the set up to a joke. It’s not even a joke.”
Added comedian Patton Oswalt via Twitter: “I love you, Clint. I always will. But you changed the theme of the RNC from ‘WE BUILT THIS’ to ‘I CAN’T WATCH THIS.’”
Said Chris Rock: “Clint Eastwood on the phone with Obama now: ‘It all went according to plan, sir.’ #RNC #GOP2012″
As Twitter was ablaze with commentary about Eastwood’s speech, the real Obama himself chimed in with a succinct response: “This seat’s taken,” read a message from the President’s account, along with an image of the Commander in Chief sitting in a chair clearly designated for “The President.”
- Clint Eastwood’s baffling RNC speech leads @InvisibleObama Twitter to hit 20K followers in 40 minutes (venturebeat.com)
- Clint Eastwood Goes Way Off-Script (huffingtonpost.com)
- Watch: Clint Eastwood’s disaster at GOP convention (liberalconspiracy.org)
- Clint Eastwood – Clint Eastwood’s ‘empty Chair’ Speech Becomes Youtube Sensation (contactmusic.com)
- Clint Eastwood Criticized for Odd Rnc Obama Empty Chair Speech (binsidetv.net)
- Elderly-bashers diagnose Clint Eastwood with dementia again (twitchy.com)
- Romney Thought Clint Eastwood’s Speech Was Funny (buzzfeed.com)
- Clint Eastwood’s speech backfires on the Republicans – Boston.com (blog) (boston.com)
- Clint Eastwood: Twitter’s best punchlines about ‘Invisible Obama’ speech (storify.com)
- Clint Eastwood – Clint Eastwood, Barack Obama “conversation” Doesn’t Go Down Well (contactmusic.com)